Sunday, May 2, 2010

Elmer Fudd!!

I was reading an article on my Sympatico homepage about misheard song lyrics and I was transported back to my first Bruce Springsteen concert in 1982.
Ahhh....Glory Days!

I wasn't familiar with Bruce or his music at the time but I was asked to go on a date with a really nice guy. So off I went!
The concert was at the old Exhibition Stadium in downtown Toronto.
It was rockin'!
The crowd started chanting for a favourite....
I'M ON FIRE! I'M ON FIRE!
Was it a good song? How should I know? I didn't know any of Bruce's stuff!
But I wanted to fit in and I wanted to look good in front of my date!

ELMER FUDD! ELMER FUDD! ELMER FUDD!
Bruce was obviously a Bugs Bunny fan, he even wrote songs about them!

ELMER FUDD! ELMER FUDD! ELMER FUDD!
I can yell really loud! I was impressing everyone around me! They were all looking at me as I chanted at the top of my voice! Especially my date!

ELMER FUDD! ELMER FUDD! ELMER FUDD!
Let's just say my new found love of Bruce Springsteen's music lasted longer than my date!
Misheard lyrics?? I'm a champion!

ELMER FUDD!

No comments:

Post a Comment