Saturday, May 8, 2010

SOOiPC Saturday

Straight out of Iphone Camera Saturday

Out in my backyard, in an area we call 'the forest', the garden grows wild.
A few years ago, I transplanted a Trillium from the forest up north which surrounded a cottage we rented to our forest in the city.
Every spring the Trillium grows in my garden, and every spring it multiplies.
It now has 6 flowers that bloom!
It reminds me of hot summer days and family time spent at the cottage.
A tiny blossom of hope in this cold wet spring that better days are coming.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! When you have a forest worth of your trilliums, I'll be over to collect a few for our less-than-forest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I just saw some on my walk this morning and thought I might have to go back and acquire some.

    The other plants are choking out my 'transplanted' purple trilliums (the ditches around here are filled with them – just have to watch for the poison ivy).

    Someone (I keep hoping it will be someone other than me) needs to get out into my gardens and do some weeding!

    ReplyDelete