Monday, August 17, 2009

Google Reader

This was an interesting assignment.
Call me a lurker (....actually please don't), I have a number of blogs from around the world that I follow. I could have added those to my Google Reader account and finished quickly but I decided to try to search for new ones. Aren't I the keener!

I started off lazily and clicked on Staff Picks....I didn't mean to subscribe to them, I just wanted to check them out (lurk what other people lurk). By clicking on staff picks I was subscribed....it took me a few attempts and some Google Reader help to learn how to delete an RSS feed. I feel ahead of the game at this point!

The good news was I found a couple of cool sites that I individually subscribed to:
The Big Picture
Cute Overload


Then being a Supermarket-Line-Trashy-Magazine-Headline Lurker I subscribed to:
People.com Latest news
Pop Sugar

Now I can read the headlines in the privacy of my own home without my neighbours knowing that I love trashy tabloids!

I found Google Reader very easy to use and easy to navigate. I love the helpful videos and explanations that helped me along the way.
Will I continue to use it? Only time will tell... I believe it is a time saver (all that celebrity gossip at my fingertips), however, I also feel it encourages me to spend more time alone on my computer instead of out in the community interacting with real people and doing important things like grocery shopping!!

In the meantime, I leave you with this cute picture from Cute Overload (my new RSS feed!)



http://cuteoverload.com/2009/08/07/this-just-in-a-peeg-in-a-crocheted-hat/

No comments:

Post a Comment