Monday, August 10, 2009

I love Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I love Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Not the kind that you buy at a store.
Not even the bakery store kind.
I love my Mom's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They are delicious.

I never been able to replicate them because frankly, I don't bake.
I don't like to bake.
I don't try to bake.
My Mom bakes them, and as I said, they are delicious.

Sometimes when she comes to visit she brings me a tin of them.
Freshly baked, just for me.
When my three sons and my husband aren't looking, she hands them to me.
And I.....I hide them.
Don't gasp in horror, it's my one motherly flaw.
Don't gasp in disbelief, I admit I have many flaws, but for the purpose of this food document, we are only going to focus on one.

One by one, two by two, three by three.....I eat them.
All by myself.
Late at night in the dark.
Mid-morning when the kids are outside.
Mid-afternoon when I'm frazzled.
Quickly, quickly before they come into the room.
Whenever I want one, whenever I need one.....
Just me and my Mom's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I love my Mom's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I love my Mom.



Sesame Street - Cookie Monster sings 'C is for Cookie'


This post was created using Goodle Docs and then imported to my blog.
I found Google Docs really easy to use. Check it out!

1 comment: