Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Groceries.

They are a fact of life.
A repetitive chore.
I don't like to do the groceries.

I'm a list shopper.
I make a list of what we need.
I check cupboards and fridges before I go.
I check the calendar to see what our week looks like; how many dinners in; how many have to be fast.
I plan the menu on my list.
I shop for all the ingredients at once, they go on the list.

I write the list in order of where the stuff is in the store and the order I shop in.
Veggies and fruits on the top followed by deli and bakery.
I know the aisles in my store and my list follows the aisles.
Dairy and frozen food at the bottom.
Meats down the side.

I'm a freak....I don't deny it.

Today my shopping experience was a disaster for two reasons.
One, I went to a different store, a Superstore, and the aisles were out of order.

Secondly, my husband joined me.
Now don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my husband......but as a shopper, he is hard to be with.

He wanders, twice I had to phone him to locate him and the cart!

He is so s-l-o-w, he picks up things and reads labels.
What's up with that? We are on a timeline!!

He puts thing in the cart that aren't on the list!
Today he bought some type of curry sauce.
Did he buy meat to put the sauce on? Nope!
Food to eat with the non existent meat? Nope!
Does he have a plan of when we are going to eat it? Nope!
Am I going to use it? Nope! It wasn't on my list!

Don't even get me started the order he puts things on the conveyor belt for the cashier!
His bagging skills???!!

So grocery shopping is a chore that I tolerate.
Grocery shopping with my husband is intolerable!

1 comment:

  1. You first had me at quick meals - ALL of them, right? And then you took me into never-never-land of shopping with husband. That's almost as bad as shopping with children. Nah. Worse. So glad you survived. I assume he did too? :)

    ReplyDelete