Sunday, January 17, 2010

What would you do??

Today was a busy day.
My boys had six different places to be, all at different times.
It was just one of those days.

Someone said to me in passing, "What would you do with yourself if you didn't have to drive your kids all over the place? "

Hmmmmmm.........
What would I do?

1. Read a good book.
2. Have a nap on the weekend in front of a fire.
3. Cook a great meal.
4. Entertain.
5. Go out for coffee with some friends.
6. Go out for dinner with my husband.
7. Go see a movie.
8. Go for a walk.
9. Go skating on an outdoor rink.
10. Sit by the lake and think.
11. Write a letter or a card to an old friend.
12. Organize my photos.
13. Daydream.
14. Visit family.
15. Learn to work a good camera.
16. Take a course.
17. Write.
18. Work in my gardens.
19. Play cards and games.
20. Play the piano.
21. Do a puzzle
...... I'll stop there but the list is endless.

Don't get me wrong.
I love what I do (most of the time) and I'm in no hurry for my boys not to need me.
But when they are ready, I'll be ready too.

Believe me, I won't be bored!

1 comment:

  1. It is endless, that list of things we'd rather be doing, but really don't want to miss our boys stuff. Thank you so much (to C to) for taking Cole. It was wonderful to watch Caden win his first championship game - though sad to miss one of Cole's. Love this list. Should come up with one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete