Monday, January 18, 2010

Helpless

Last night I sat alone in the dark, up in the family room.
The large screen TV sat black and silent.
The only light came from the streetlamp outside and the digital clock on a darkened electronic device - DVD box? Cogeco box? I couldn't make out the shape.
The house was silent and peaceful, my family either in bed or involved in other quiet tasks.
I sat curled up with the dog, covered in a blanket letting the silence envelope me.

After a wile I realized I was truly alone and no one was coming to join me
....... or rescue me.
My heart beating with frustration, my breathing ragged, I raised my fist in the air and assuming a southern drawl just like Scarlett I raged:
"As God is my witness, I will learn to work the remotes and turn on the TV by myself!!!"

1 comment: