Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Car Wash

I took my van through the car wash yesterday.
It was so much fun!

The anticipation of the water first hitting your car.
Leaning into the centre of the van as the rollers go spinning past your window.
Watching in the rear view as they go across the back of the van.
The whole sudsy, bubbly soap stage.
The anxiety at the idea of being trapped in the middle of the car wash!
Imagining that I am being attacked by a giant octopus when those tentacles go slurping up my windshield!
The spray of the rinse cycle.
Forecasting like Anderson Cooper in hurricane force winds as I dry out.

Did I mention I was alone in the car without my kids?

Help!! I'm a child trapped in an adults body!!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are not showing up in my reader. I hate missing an entry! This cracks me up. So, since you are a connoiseur of car washes, do you have a favourite one in the area?

    You inspire me to get in touch with my inner child :)

    ReplyDelete