Sunday, March 21, 2010

Challenge!!

A friend of mine has a great blog that I love to lurk.
She can be found at Embrace Life.

Anyhow, today at the end of her great blog she wrote (and I quote...):
And, if you are like me and have been sliding in under the covers a bit too much lately, join us over at Lifehack and wake up early! It's a 5-day challenge he's proposed, starting Monday morning. For me? At 5AM!

First I laughed 5AM?? HAHAHA! Is she crazy!
But laughter aside, I was curious, so I jumped over to Lifehack and I read.
I have to admit, I like the idea.....
Challenge myself to be an early riser for 5 days.
I can do that!
Now, I'm a lurker, so I'm not about to sign up for anything or link up so they can track me!
But, I will try it on my own.....

First of all, let's reflect on a normal weekday morning....
The alarm usually goes off at 6:40 and I smash it until 7:00ish when panic sets in and I start the day yelling and running.
Wake up! Shower! Eat! Bus! Go!
Does any of this sound familiar??

Tomorrow is the dawn of a new day.
The beginning of my 5 day challenge.
I'm not a crazy person like some, I have no intention of seeing the sun rise.
My goal will not be as lofty (or early!).

My goal is to set the alarm for 6:15AM.
If I can get out of bed by 6:15, I will ride the stationary bike that sits in my bedroom for 20 minutes.
If I can't get out of bed by 6:15 to ride the bike, I will only hit the snooze twice which will have me out of bed by 6:33 and into the shower.
Either way, I win. I get first shower.

I can do this!
I can get out of bed!
I will rise at 6:15!
I am woman hear me snore.... ROAR! I meant roar!

Let the challenge begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment