Friday, March 5, 2010

Genius

Someone I admire greatly, posted this on Facebook last week.
So , I watched it....




About this talk: Elizabeth Gilbert muses on the impossible things we expect from artists and geniuses -- and shares the radical idea that, instead of the rare person "being" a genius, all of us "have" a genius.

Now I'm not a huge fan of Ms. Gilbert's book Eat, Pray, Love, however, I liked this talk.

Basically, according to my understanding, she says everyone has a genius outside of themself just waiting for the right moment to show up and do it's part in making your ordinary, extraordinary!
Genius isn't inside some, it's outside of everyone just waiting for the right moment to become a part of your creativity.


I like this idea.....
I like the idea that we all have a genius...
I like the idea that we all have a genius and that my genius is outside of me and may at some time show up and do it's part.
Someday, somehow, somewhere -WOW!- I'm going to create something great!

I believe my genius is male....
I believe my genius is male and it's lost....
I believe my genius is male, it's lost and it won't stop to ask directions on how to find me....

I'm still waiting....
This may take awhile.

1 comment:

  1. The talk was great eh? I love all the Ted talks! Lost male genius, eh? Hmm. Very interesting, J :)

    Fingers crossed we both find our genius ... and soon! The waiting is killing me :)

    ReplyDelete